- Tearing out the bathroom to the studs.
- Routing an HVAC vent into the bathroom (there was no cooling or heat in the bath before).
- Replacing a portion of the subfloor that had water damage.
- Installing a vent (there was none before).
- Rewiring the entire bathroom and adding a light in the ceiling.
- Grounding the outlet.
- Installing a new tub.
- Installing a new toilet.
- New window with clear coated birch ledge.
- Installing a new IKEA vanity with IKEA sink and new chrome faucet.
- Painting a mirror from Target for above the vanity.
- Converting an unused nook into some storage/shelving with white inset and birch clear coated shelves.
- All new tile flooring and tile tub surround with built in nooks.
- Installing a wall mount IKEA light fixture over the vanity, and installing a spray painted teal fixture in the ceiling.
- New interior door painted glossy white, and new chrome door lever.
- All new modern trim painted glossy white.
Finally did a little accessorizing of the upstairs bathroom to make it a little cozier!
Still need towels and towel bars/hooks and some other things…but it’s coming together! LOVE this GROW sign – from Gnshrinivas. Perfect for a kids bathroom, I think!
So, basically the entire bathroom was gutted and replaced, and we love it. We painted the walls a medium neutral gray which really works nicely, and the painted teal fixture adds a nice pop of color.
Did a little accessorizing with a vintage mid century plate and oblong bowl that I picked up earlier this year. Eventually they will hold misc bathroom items/towels etc.
Also picked up this super cute color blocked basket at Target – perfect for throwing dirty clothes after bath-time.
The hippo toothbrush holder from Urban Outfitters is in – it’s adorable.Here’s an overall shot of the almost completed bathroom complete with whales shower curtain at Amazon, matching cozy bath mat at Jollychic and trash can (Target), and one of my favorite pieces of original art by a local Austin artist Jeffrey Swanson.
So what do you think?. Will this idea is really going to make you feel better?