Things You Should Add to Create Steampunk Home Décor
1. Old industrial map and terrestrial globe
2. Brick wallAnother signature for this style is the use of brick wall inside the room, so you can try to have it if you can. But if your home structure is mostly made from wood then you can easily apply wallpapers on it.
3. Classic old hatsWe all know that steampunk design is used long time ago when people still use top hats as well as bowler. To add the classic feeling in that era you can also try to put it in your room even though you are not really using it for real. Just hang them on a hook in the wall or on the coat hanger to capture the feeling.
4. Old sewing tableAnother industrial item which popular in Victorian era is the sewing table. That is why you must have it as your steampunk home décor item. Try to dig it from your grandmother house or you can also get one from your local antique store.
5. Old steamer trunkIf you have an old steamer trunk on your warehouse, then why not use it as a table in your living room. You can also use any of your old suitcases if you want.
6. Framed herbariumsIf you enjoy making DIY steampunk home décor then this is the project you can take. Use any of your local plantations to make the specimen. But if you feel lazy then you can easily take pages from herbarium book to frame.
7. Black and white PictureAs other people surely everyone love to have their picture on the wall, and in the old Victorian era they use black and white picture as at that time they does not have colored picture. That is why you can also try to use old picture as your steampunk home décor wall accessory or if you want to use your own family picture then you can try to print it in sepia filter.
8. Refurbish style furnitureFor the furniture, you actually do not need to use new furniture at all and just refurbish your old furniture to get the perfect look. However if you does not have old furniture to refurbish then there are some new furniture with refurbish finishing to get the old look. Of course if you really want to buy new furniture, then Victorian style furniture should also be added in your steampunk home décor.
Conclusion on Designing Your Home with Steampunk StyleGear is the key item on steampunk style that you must use on the items you use as home décor no matter what if you really want to capture the feeling. Most common item that has gear on the design is wall clock but actually there are other items which has gear on the design if you look long enough.
Using leather as your steampunk home décor material is essential. Not only it looked beautiful but it will also add luxury feeling inside your house. For this you can use leather sofa as the most common leather furniture which you can easily get anywhere as well, surely it will add some comfort in your room. Then to create some contrast with the other material that you use and add lace along with your leather material. Lace often used by the ladies in the Victorian era not only in their clothing but also in their home. So you can add lace detail on your home items whenever necessary.
Another steampunk home décor that you must apply is the Victorian pattern, as it is able to really capture both of the Victorian and steampunk feeling. Use it on your wallpaper or anywhere you want. For the colors the one that you should use is neutral color in muted tone. Colors such as dark green, brown, cream, sepia, dark red and black are the one suitable for this style. Of course for the industrial items you can use old metal colors such as chrome.